The 6th edition of Agrofood & Plastprintpack Ghana is coming up from 21 to 23 November 2023 at the Trade Center Arena at the Accra International Conference Centre. This important business platform for the Ghanaian industry is organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe, in cooperation with their local partner Geovision.
70 exhibitors from 12 countries and pavilions from the Ghana Export Promotion Authority GEPA, GIZ AgriBiz and MOVE, Italy, the Netherlands, Nigeria and South Africa present customised solutions and technologies for the Ghanaian and West African markets.
The exhibitors come from Austria, China, France, Germany, Ghana, Italy, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, South Africa, Thailand, and Ukraine.
Africa Agribusiness Excellence and Leadership Awards 2023 to be held alongside agrofood & plastprintpack Ghana 2023 Another highlight of the 2023 edition: The Chamber of Agribusiness Ghana CAG organises the Africa Agribusiness Excellence and Leadership Awards alongside agrofood & plastprintpack Ghana 2023.
This year’s Leadership Awards will be held on 22 November 2023 at the Accra International Conference Center – Grand Arena. The Awards scheme equally brings together players in Africa’s Agro Food Systems and the Agribusiness industry, Policy makers, and Financial Institutions, Agtech Industry and Development Partners to recognise achievements from local and international companies involved in promoting the development of the agribusiness sector in Africa.
Top learnings and networking in 12 round tables and presentations
The agrofood & plastprintpack Ghana 2023 exhibition will be complemented by a conference program with 12 roundtable discussions and presentations, guaranteeing participants top learnings and networking. This program is organized by AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana in cooperation with fairtrade Messe.
Topics DAY 1
• Export procedures & opportunities in the EU market
• Building resilient agrofood systems: Climate-smart agriculture in Ghana
• Reducing food waste through upcycling
• Chocolate consumption in Ghana & the influence of local chocolate producers
• A Ghanaian success story of locally produced beverage
Topics DAY 2
• Innovative financing in the food processing sector
• (Female) Entrepreneurship in the food processing sector
• Standards & certificates in processed food importation and exportation
• Packaging in the beverage industry: Standards, innovations and alternatives
• Recycling/storage solutions in Ghana and worldwide
• Bridging the gap between academia and industry, opportunities for stakeholder collaboration
• African Agribusiness Excellence Leadership Award – Cocktail
The Ghanaian agrofood & plastprintpack market
• Food & beverage technology: Ghana’s investments in food & beverage technology show an annual increase of 8.6% between 2017 and 2022, from €59 million in 2017 to €89 million in 2022. (VDMA)
• Food & beverage ingredients: With already well over 40 million inhabitants (2022), which according to the World Bank will rise to 80 million by 2050, Ghana is a huge food market. Expenditure in the F&B sector is growing steadily, and F&B production is by far the largest segment of the Ghanaian processing industry. Accordingly, the demand for food and beverage ingredients is rising continuously.
• Food trade with Ghana: According to the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Ghana imported food worth USD 1.2 billion and exported food worth USD 7.3 billion in 2021. Thus, food trade with Ghana is an 8.5 billion USD business.
• Plastics technology: Ghana’s plastics technology imports show an annual increase of 12.8% between 2017 and 2022, from €23 million in 2017 to €42 million in 2022. (VDMA)
• Printing and paper technology: Ghanaian imports of printing and paper technology have risen sharply, from €11 million in 2017 to €29 million in 2021, representing an annual average growth of 27% for this period. (VDMA)
• Packaging technology: Ghanaian imports of packaging technology amounted to €53 million in 2022, up 12% annually from €30 million in 2017. (VDMA)
Recap agrofood & plastprintpack 2022 in Ghana
The previous edition of agrofood & plastprintpack from 29 November to 01 December 2022 in Ghana saw 1,384 visitors from 31 countries discussing their business with the exhibitors. 74% of the visitors were from Ghana, 26% from the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Egypt, France, Gambia, Germany, Hungary, India, Iran, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Russia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Turkiye, United Kingdom and the USA.